Over the past 100 years Pearson Funeral Service have seen many changes. One of these changes was on the 10th of June 1958 when the Chapel of Rest, (one of the first in the area) was opened by Dr Hand allowing people if they wished to have prayers or a service. This was a very modern thing to happen back in the day as many people were still laid out to rest at home.
As attendances to services in the Chapel of Rest grew, we took the decision to build a new chapel in the old workshop which enabled more people to sit in the service. Today we are still one of the few Funeral Directors who own a Chapel of Rest where a full service can take place. In these challenging times we have been getting excellent feedback from our families, as they were able to have a service without time restrictions, with live streaming so everyone could watch the service from the comfort of their own homes. We always welcome the feedback we get as this helps us to shape the way we move forward. At this time we are still restricted to 10 family members attending services. We will of course update when restrictions start to be lifted.